Starting a PagerDuty Incident
This Runbook step allows creating a PagerDuty incident as part of a Runbook automation in case the two above capabilities don't meet your use case.
- Incident Title : The default title for the new PagerDuty incident (supports templating)
- Incident Details : The default description for the new PagerDuty incident (supports templating)
- Incident Creator : The person who triggered the incident, shown in PagerDuty. We recommend using a service account to link PagerDuty to FireHydrant and setting that service user here to clarify that the incident was not created by a specific user.
- PagerDuty Service : The impacted service for the incident. Note that PagerDuty only allows attaching a single service to each PagerDuty incident.
- Policy Name: The escalation policy for determining the users to be alerted
After the step in your Runbook is executed, an incident is created in PagerDuty, and you are provided with the link.
The incident title and description support templating, so you can automatically include the FireHydrant incident name, description, severity, or any of our other available template variables.
Note: If you create an alert as part of a Runbook step, we recommend also adding the step to resolve linked alerts, otherwise your Runbook-initiated incident will remain open in PagerDuty even if the incident in FireHydrant is resolved.