Integrating with ServiceNow
ServiceNow is a cloud-based workflow automation platform. It enables users to optimize workflows by automating repetitive tasks across platforms.
Integrating FireHydrant with ServiceNow enables you to create and manage incidents using best practices from FireHydrant while still keeping ServiceNow as a source of all your teams’ work.
- Review the article on setting up Slack alert notifications to confirm that your Slack integration is enabled.
- Create an OAuth Client for FireHydrant in your ServiceNow instance using these instructions.
- Keep the Client ID and Client Secret you define handy
- In the Redirect URL box, enter
- Configure the other details as needed and Submit.
Click Integrations in the FireHydrant left nav.
Click the ServiceNow integration card.
Next, click Setup ServiceNow. The ServiceNow configuration page opens.
Enter your Client ID, Client Secret and Instance URL.
Click Authorize Application. After your successful authorization, a confirmation page opens.
This confirms that your ServiceNow setup is complete.
- From the left nav, click Organization > Account overview.
- In the Organization section, click Edit.
- From the Default projects for tickets dropdown, select ServiceNow.
- Click Save organization.
After you have set ServiceNow as your default ticketing project, you can create a ServiceNow incident from a Runbook step. This enables you to take advantage of all of FireHydrant’s incident management tooling and best practices, while also keeping a record of the incident in ServiceNow.
To get started:
- In the FireHydrant left nav, go to Runbooks.
- Find and click the name of the Runbook where you want to add the step.
- In the Available Steps section, scroll down to Create an Incident ticket step and click Add.
Under the Details tab in the Runbook step, the first two fields display the templated text that will be generated with the incident. Because you have set ServiceNow as your default ticketing project, fields in this section are populated with details from ServiceNow.
Note: This integration does not allow tracking of action items and tasks in ServiceNow. Resolving an incident in FireHydrant does not close the incident in ServiceNow.